Without a doubt, Instagram is one of the most popular social media channels across the globe. Regardless of the size of their business, marketers and digital agencies are using Instagram in their marketing strategy. Marketing on Instagram is very easy and cheap as social media marketing rates are very low as compared to offline marketing.
Instagram helps you to build friendly relationships with your targeted audience and also helps to create an online presence by uploading posts and stories with your followers. According to an SMO agency in India, Instagram was the first one to launch the feature of stories and now Snapchat also has the feature to upload stories.
Using Instagram regularly is one of the most effective marketing strategies that helps you to grow your Instagram account. Thinking ahead helps you to plan better.
Let’s discuss some of the Instagram statistics that matter the most to marketers in 2020:
Instagram Ad Stats
- Instagram’s potential advertising reach is 849.3 million users – more than 14% of adults use Instagram.
- Instagram can help you to reach 52.9 million audience – more than 52.9 million users between the age of 13 to 17 use Instagram and it makes third in terms of Youth advertising.
- Brands pay between $100 and $2,085 per post to Instagram influencers – According to a social media marketing company in Noida, brands pay an average between $114 and $3,138 for videos and $44 and $721 for Instagram stories to Instagram influencers.
- Instagram earns $12.32 billion in ad revenue in 2020 – based on the predictions by an SMO company that does social media marketing in Noida, Instagram earns $12.32 billion which is a huge jump from 2018 and 2019 that was $6.18 billion and $9.08 billion respectively.
- Many US marketers spend 69% of their influencer budgets on Instagram – YouTube comes in second at just 11%. If you are planning to invest in influencer marketing, Instagram is the best place to invest.
The US marketers spend 31% of their Instagram ad budget on stories. Business marketers also spend the rest of 69% of the budget on the newsfeed. It is a mix of about 1/3 stories and 2/3 newsfeed. It is a good balance to consider when planning your own Instagram advertising mix.
Instagram Video Stats
- How-to-Tutorials are a popular form of Instagram video Content – creating a short Instagram video on how-to-tutorials will get more engagement rate than a normal post.
- Instagram stories stickers enhance the video performance – it is recommended by an SMO Agency in India, to use stickers when you are communicating the key information of your brand or product to your followers.
Instagram Usage Stats
- More than 64% of Instagram users log in at least once a day – around 43% of Instagram users log in multiple times a day. Only 16% of users log in once a week.
- 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile daily – Instagram users spend approx. 27 minutes on the platform and many of them are checking out business profiles a day.
- 11% of Instagram users shop on the platform – According to a social media marketing company in Noida, many users find new products to buy on the platform.
- 15% of the Instagram users use Instagram for news sources – 52% of users get news from Facebook. Women make up the majority of news consumers on Instagram.
- 62% of Instagram users say that they have become more interested in a brand after seeing their stories – According to an SMO Agency in India, Instagram stories should be considered as one of the most important parts of marketing strategy.
50% of Instagram accounts use “Explore” every month – the explore tab on Instagram is a place where users can discover new content and new accounts to follow. Getting your content featured on to explore is the best way to promote your brand to new followers.
Instagram User Stats
- More than 1 billion users use Instagram every month – when considering all social media platforms, Instagram ranks in the fifth position, behind Facebook, YouTube, Whatsapp, WeChat, and FB messenger.
- Instagram is considered as the fastest growing social media platform in Canada – the platform saw a growth of 20.4% in Canada in 2018 and 7.3% in 2019. It is predicted that further growth will be 6.1% in Canada to 12.6 million users in 2020.
- Instagram is the most popular social media platform among US teens – more than 72% of teens say that they use Instagram as compared to 69% for Snapchat and 51% for Facebook.
52% of female and 48% of male uses Instagram – According to a Social media marketing company in Noida, In the US, 43% of Instagram users are female and 31% are male. This shows that you can’t make assumptions about demographics on Instagram or any other social media platform.
Fast Stats for Instagram
- In the Apple app store, Instagram is the second-most downloaded free app – Instagram is continuing to attract new users and only YouTube had more downloads in 2018.
- Instagram is the 10th most popular Google query – half of the top 10 searches are generic terms like weather, news, and videos. Also, Facebook, Google, YouTube, and amazon also feature in the top 10, and all ahead of Instagram.
Instagram Publishing Stats
- Brands post an average of 2.5 stories every week – you don’t need to post the Instagram stories every day. At least 2 stories per week will be sufficient.
- Stories have an 85% completion rate – many brands are using shorter stories these days, with an average of 5.3 frames in 2019 compared to 6.9 in 2018.
Thanks for reading!