The human mind has a tendency to respond faster and more attentively to images than to written content. Visuals are always found to be far more intriguing than write-ups. As a recognized SEO company in India, Digi Markets follows certain unconventional image optimization practices that adhere to the guidelines of Google and also deliver results as per the requirement of clients.
Let’s talk about visual search. To define it, it is a method of searching something on search engines using images. The latest visual search technology uses Artificial Intelligence(AI) to show results when somebody searches for an image online.
If you consult with a recognized SEO company in India, image SEO is something you should certainly ask about because the world is gradually moving to image search from text search. You can make your website more search engine friendly by adding images to the website.
Search Engine Optimization best practices now involves SEO image as an integral activity because the world is moving towards visual image search.
1. Resize your Images: All you need is basic knowledge of pixels. You need to know how many pixels tall and wide the images currently are and how tall and wide they should be. For SEO you will need to keep the pixels such that they are not too large and heavy to load. There are several sites that help you resize images instantly online for free if you do not have a tool to do it.
2. Choose the Best File Format: There are a few most commonly used types of image formats. JPG, PNG, GIFs, and more. Depending on the compression method used for the images the file size and type can vary, however, as long as your website is able to list the image and show it clearly, we’re good to go. It’s best not to use GIF format, if you have to use it, use it for thumbnails and only when you need to make your website look decorative.
3. Name Your Files Correctly: If your image is of a mobile phone, make sure the image is named as the same, or it is named with a relevant keyword that you are using to rank your website on Google. Keep the name of the file simple like, ‘mobilephone.jpeg’. Get most of the SEO power with descriptive keyword analysis.
4. Use Alt Tags and Use them Carefully: Accurately index the images on your website. Search engines can read alt tags to rank your page on Google. For example: If the image is under the code: img src= ”whiteshoes.jpeg” alt=”whiteshoes”. The best way to avoid keyword stuffing is to include keywords in the image names.
5. Use Unique and Responsive Images: Stop using stock images, try to create and post new and responsive images on your website. This brings freshness to your content and also helps search engines to list you as a legitimate site with unique and fresh images for users.
6. Google Image Structured Data: Google images works with structured data for product images. Your website would be presented on Google in a rich way if you add structured data to your website.
7. Add Sitemaps: Search engines should be able to find necessary data for your website. Users find it easy to navigate through the website to find the information they need.
Search engine crawlers notice every image and if they are infographics or any other kind of images that are not present generally on the internet, search engines give more preference to the website automatically.
Image optimization takes time and efforts but it can be extremely helpful for SEO. A recognized SEO company India would make sure that your images are effectively optimized along with website optimization for a higher ranking on search engines.
For retailers, it is a great way to list items for shoppers so that they can find what they are looking for without having to go through a list of links to several websites without knowing what’s behind the link.
For searchers, it becomes easier to find certain items of their choice. It’s a fact that improvement in computer vision capabilities is improving with the upgrades in technology and this is helping searchers and retailers alike.
Visit: https://images.google.com/ You can either upload an image or search for an image URL.
The most used visual search engines are Pinterest, Google, Bing, and Amazon. Retailers are building visual search tools to help their businesses be found by buyers online. People have begun using visual search option more often than they used to a few years ago. When you shop online you enter a text for example, “Nike Shoes”, you will see a list of products showing up with their images. See image below:
Text can never capture aesthetics in words. Visual search technology helps you see text description along with images of a particular search. It is easier to convince a buyer to purchase something online when the buyer can see the image right on the screen. Visual search is also important if you need to have an image of something that you’ve never seen before and wish to find out about, like in the image below: